Roger and Jill founded the business in 1967 and their son Nick joined them in 1994. Nick and Jill are now running the business with Nick’s wife Lynne working part time. We have two premises - the main shop at 17 Silver Street and also a large building with more showrooms and with customer parking 50 yards from the shop. As members of the London & Provincial Antique Dealers Association (LAPADA) and the British Antique Dealers Association (BADA) we guarantee our goods to be genuine. All the stock is entirely owned by us.
Our furniture is chosen for good proportions, colour and patina with as little restoration as possible. Our English and Oriental ceramics, particularly our speciality of delftware, usually include some rarities. There are always the unusual purchases: an English 18th century bronze cannon, wonderful 17th Century tapestries, garden statuary, French tole verrieres. Here we show only a selection of what we have to offer. A few years ago and with a budget of £200,000 we furnished a fine Wiltshire manor house almost entirely from existing stock - and already the contents appear to have been there for generations.
While good antiques are never cheap, we work hard to buy well from private and provincial sources and operate on a moderate mark-up.
HOW WE CAN HELP YOU
- Send detailed photos and descriptions of pieces of stock
- Look for particular things that you need
- Advise on furniture to suit your house (and pocket)
- Arrange carriage worldwide
- Restore customers' own furniture
- the British Antique Dealers Association,
- the London and Provincial Antique Dealers Association
- the West of England Antique Dealers Association
- the Cotswold Antique Dealers Association